Present: Chairman Peter Blum, Trustees Michael Carey, Charles Casella, Robert Coffey and Paul Fortier; Commission Counsel Michael Rose.
The meeting came to order at 11:45 a.m. The following topics were on the agenda:
1. Contract with Robinson and Cole. Mr. Blum gave a report on the status of contract negotiations with Robinson and Cole, the successful respondents in the RFP process to obtain Commission Legal Counsel on IRS matters.
2. Form and substance of inquiries made by Retirees. Discussion took place regarding the types of inquiries that should be referred to Retirement Division Counsel and the types of inquiries that should be referred to the Commission Legal Counsel.
3. Settlement of Invoices. Issues were discussed concerning invoices that had been submitted by Robinson and Cole for work done on the application for a Private Letter Ruling regarding the application of IRC ?415 to the Connecticut Department of Corrrection.
4. Opinion on Town of Thompson matter. The discussion indicated that more information was needed before a decision could be made in the mater.
5. Rose Kallor Invoices. Issues were discussed concerning the invoices that had been submitted by Rose Kallor.
No motions pertaining to the above items were made during the meeting.
There being no further business, Mr. Carey moved to adjourn at 12:30 p.m. Mr.
Casella seconded and the motion was approved unanimously.
Robert D. Coffey
Return to Meetings, Agendas and Minutes Home Page
Return to Comptroller's Home Page