May 3, 1999
FISCAL YEAR-END INSTRUCTIONS 99-1
|To:||All State Agencies|
|Attention:||Chief Fiscal Officer or Business Manager|
1. The fiscal year for all departments of State Government shall end the thirtieth day of June (Sec. 4-35).
2. It is important that you study and closely follow all of the fiscal year-end instructions. If you have any questions, please call the following:
3. The following additional year-end instructions are being issued. Call Accounting Services (860) 702-3374 if you do not receive all of them.
4. Please note that Memorandum 99-4 contains special instructions and cut-off dates for agencies which are processing their commitments and vendor payments electronically through a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for Paperless Processing. These extended cut-off dates are available only to MOU agencies.
5. You are responsible for disseminating these instructions to those in your agency required to implement the specific procedures. It is particularly important that all dates and deadlines be observed. We anticipate allowing no exceptions to these instructions.
6. Please note, sufficient staff must be available at each agency through June 30th to provide coverage to resolve all accounting issues to ensure that all transactions are processed this fiscal year.
Back to Comptroller's Home Page
Back to Fiscal Year End Index