STATE OF CONNECTICUT
THE STATE COMPTROLLER
55 ELM STREET
HARTFORD, CONNECTICUT 06106-1775
MEMORANDUM NO. 2000-31
July 7, 2000
TO THE HEADS OF ALL STATE AGENCIES
||Chief Administrative and Fiscal Officers, Business Managers, and
Payroll and Personnel Officers
||Change in Definition of Service in Time of War
- Public Act 00-131, effective October 1, 2000, makes additions to the definition of
service in time of war in Section 27-103 of the Connecticut General Statutes.
- The following time should be included when determining an employee's eligibility for
- Wartime service includes active duty for service in the demilitarized zone in South
Korea after February 1, 1955; in Somalia after December 2, 1992; and in Bosnia after
December 20, 1995.
III. AGENCY RESPONSIBILITY
- Agencies should review their determination of each employee's service time basis
for longevity eligibility, ensuring inclusion of eligible war service periods as modified
by Public Act 00-131, for all longevity payments made after October 1, 2000. This includes
the longevity payment that will be paid check date October 20, 2000.
- Please direct your questions concerning this memorandum as follows:
||Office of the State Comptroller,
Policy Services Division, (860) 702-3440.
Back to Comptroller's Home Page
Back to Index of 2000 Comptroller's Memoranda