May 1, 1998
FISCAL YEAR-END INSTRUCTIONS 98-1
|To:||All State Agencies|
|Attention:||Chief Fiscal Officer or Business Manager|
- The fiscal year for all departments of State Government shall end the
thirtieth day of June (Sec. 4-35).
- It is important that you study and closely follow all of the fiscal
year-end instructions. If you have any questions, please call the
||- Robert Krueger, (860) 702-3380
||- Comptroller Requirements, Karen Hurst (860) 702-3381
|| - Treasurer Requirements, Robert Gnocchi (860) 702-3108
||- Mark Aronowitz, Director, Accounts Payable Division, Comptroller, (860) 702-3399 and for specific procedural questions, see memo 98-4 for telephone numbers.
||- Gary Reardon, Director, Payroll Services Division, Comptroller, (860) 702-3445
- The following additional year-end instructions are being issued.
Call Accounting Services (860) 702-3374 if you do not receive all
|98-4|| Commitments and Vendor Payments|
|98-5|| Transfer Lists/Corrections for FY 97-98|
|98-7|| Statewide GAAP Closing/Single Audit Act|
- Please note that Memorandum 98-4 contains special instructions and
cut-off dates for agencies which are processing their commitments and
vendor payments electronically through a Memorandum of Understanding
(MOU) for Paperless Processing. These extended cut-off dates are
available only to MOU agencies.
- You are responsible for disseminating these instructions to those in
your agency required to implement the specific procedures. It is
particularly important that all dates and deadlines be observed. We
anticipate allowing no exceptions to these instructions.
- Please note, sufficient staff must be available at each agency through
June 30th to provide coverage to resolve all accounting issues to
insure that all transactions are processed this fiscal year.
Back to Comptroller's Home Page
Back to Fiscal Year End Index