May 3, 1996
FISCAL YEAR-END INSTRUCTIONS NO 96-01
|To:||All State Agencies|
|Attention:||Chief Fiscal Officer or Business Manager|
- The fiscal year for all departments of State Government shall
end the thirtieth day of June (Sec. 4-35).
- It is important that you study and closely follow all of the fiscal
year-end instructions. If you have any questions, please call
- Accounting - Robert Krueger, 566-4570
- Deposits - Comptroller Requirements, Karen Hurst 566-5865
- - Treasurer Requirements, Joseph Higgins 566-1974
- Accounts Payable -
- Douglas Vallee, Director, Accounts Payable Division,
Comptroller, 566-2868 and for specific procedural
questions, see memo 96-4 for telephone numbers.
- Payrolls - Gary Reardon, Director, Payroll Services Division,
- The following additional year-end instructions are being issued.
Call Accounting Services (566-4570) if you do not receive all
|96-4 ||Commitments and Vendor Payments|
|96-5 || Transfer Lists/Corrections for FY 95-96|
|96-7 ||Statewide GAAP Closing/Single Audit Act |
- Please note that Memorandum 96-4 contains special instructions
and cut-off dates for agencies which are processing their
commitments and vendor payments electronically through
a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for Paperless
Processing. These extended cut-off dates are available
only to MOU agencies.
- You are responsible for disseminating these instructions to those
in your agency required to implement the specific procedures.
It is particularly important that all dates and deadlines be observed.
We anticipate allowing no exceptions to these instructions.
Back to Comptroller's Home Page
Back to Index of Comptroller's Fiscal Year End Instructions