|STATE OF CONNECTICUT|
THE STATE COMPTROLLER
55 ELM STREET
HARTFORD, CONNECTICUT 06106-1775
MEMORANDUM NO. 96-37
July 25, 1996
TO THE HEADS OF ALL STATE AGENCIES
|Attention:||Chief Administrative and Fiscal Officers, Business|
Managers, and Information Systems Managers
|Subject:||State Software Management Policy Training Seminar|
On September 19, 1996, the Office of the State Comptroller, Office of Policy and Management, and Department of Administrative Services will present a training seminar on the new State Software Management Policy. The purpose of this seminar will be to provide agencies with information that can assist them as they develop procedures to implement the State Software Management Policy which became effective July 1, 1996. It will also provide a forum for questions regarding agency maintenance of a positive software control environment.
Brochures will be given to agency representatives at this seminar for distribution to each employee in their agency. This brochure is to be used as a training resource for educating employees about their responsibilities to abide by software copyright regulations and their expected conformance to the State's Software Code of Ethics.
This half day seminar will be held at the Connecticut Police Academy, 285 Preston Avenue, Meriden, CT. Registration, complimentary coffee, and danish will begin at 8:00 a.m. The seminar will begin promptly at 8:45 a.m. and continue through 1:00 p.m.
Pre-registration is required and at least one employee from each agency should attend. Complete the attached registration form by August 15, 1996. A confirmation will be sent to each agency prior to the seminar.
|Return to:||Office of the State Comptroller|
Policy Evaluation & Review Division
Software Management Policy Manual
55 Elm Street, Hartford, CT 06106
FAX (860) 566-1650
After 8/2/96 FAX (860) 702-3699
STATE SOFTWARE MANAGEMENT POLICY TRAINING SEMINAR
CONNECTICUT POLICE ACADEMY, MERIDEN, CT.
SEPTEMBER 19, 1996
Please complete numbers 1 - 7 and return by August 15, 1996.
Agency Number Agency Name
3. List individual(s) planning to attend a._____________________________________________________________________________ b._____________________________________________________________________________
4. Mailing address for registration confirmation _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________
5. Agency telephone number________________________________________________________
6. Agency fax number ___________________________________________________________
7. Number of state employee brochures requested_______________________________________
If you have any questions, please contact Amy Carragher of the Policy Evaluation and Review Division at (860) 566-5337 and after August 2, 1996 at (860) 702-3440.
Back to Comptroller's Home Page
Back to Index of Comptroller's Memoranda