Healthcare Cost Containment Committee Meeting Minutes
Monday, September 10, 2012
I. Call to Order
- The meeting was called to order by Dr. Thomas Woodruff.
II. New Business
- 1.Dashboard: Bill Thompson of Milliman presented a high-level
review of costs, claims, expenses, trend analyses, and key service category
metrics. Emergency room utilization was further broken out by clinical
category, hospital, and cost versus urgent care and discussed. Overall,
financial projections continue to be in line with budgetary expectations for FY
2. Financial Analysis: Rae-Ellen Roy presented the budget review
as of August 15, 2012, and advised that we are on track to end the year
positively as long as 100% of the appropriated funds are allotted.
3. HEP Compliance Update: Olivia Roman provided an update on the
recent Health Enhancement Program mail effort and compliance results to date.
Discussion ensued concerning next steps for processing remaining non-compliance.
4. $100 Bonus Payout: This item was tabled.
5. HEP Condition Care RFI (Executive Session): Due to the nature of this
item, there are no summary minutes.
III. Old Business
- 1. Partnership Plan: Helen Sullivan provided an update
on pooling progress. Community outreach and educational campaigns have
proven successful thus far, and new municipal leadership has expressed positive
reception to the Plan. Staff is working on potential fall and January
IV. Vox Populi
Back to Healthcare Cost Containment
Committee Meetings and Agenda Index
Back to Comptroller's Home Page