Healthcare Cost Containment Committee Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, July 11, 2012
I. Call to Order
- The meeting was called to order by Dr. Thomas Woodruff.
II. New Business
- 1. Open Enrollment Results: Rae-Ellen advised that overall
changes were minimal this year, and were mostly limited to changes between
dental plans. Olivia provided an update on HEP to include completion of OSC
staff telephone outreach efforts, which based on reports from Milliman has
brought the remaining non-compliant employee total down to 365 program wide.
2. Dashboard: Bill reviewed the state?s claims experience using a new
series of financial and utilization reports. SEBAC members expressed
interest in publishing medical research related information (i.e. Centers of
Excellence, wellness benchmarks for HEP chronic conditions) for members
using a HEP/wellness newsletter.
3. Financial Analysis: Rae-Ellen presented the year-end budget review
as of June 30, 2012.
4. OPEB: Peggy is working together with the Office of the Treasurer to
analyze OPEB 3% funds and determine a long term investment strategy.
Discussion ensued concerning the population for which funds are intended.
5. Partnership Plan: Helen announced that two groups were enrolled effective
July 1, 2012. Based on current inquiries, staff expects that Plan enrollment
could significantly increase with 4-5 larger groups showing interest for a
July 1, 2013 effective date.
6. Appeals HCCCC Workgroup: The Committee set a date to meet and discuss
final communication efforts to remaining non-compliant members as well as
further explore the appeal process.
III. Old Business
- 1. Vision Exam: Discussion surrounded how to handle co-pays related to HEP required vision screenings. SEBAC to revise current agreement and
circulate for review.
2. OT/PT: Reviewed how each carrier manages these benefits and whether any
change to the process would be required.
3. UHC Enhanced Dental: Union representatives requested that UHC send
reminders to members on the value of staying in-network for dental services.
Back to Healthcare Cost Containment
Committee Meetings and Agenda Index
Back to Comptroller's Home Page