MEMORANDUM NO. 2016-05
March 15, 2016
TO THE HEADS OF ALL STATE AGENCIES
||Chief Administrative and Fiscal Officers,
Business Managers, and Payroll and Personnel Officers
||Dues/Fees Change, Protective Services
(NP-5) Bargaining Unit
- In accordance with the request of the Protective Services Employees
Coalition, the following dues/fees change will be implemented effective with the
pay period March 18, 2016 through March 31, 2016 (check date April 15, 2016).
- Agencies will have to update employees in the following job titles: Police
Lieutenant, Police Lieutenant (Unclassified) and CT Lottery Corp Security
Officer. The current Deduction Code must be ended and the following
Deduction Code must be created:
- The existing union deduction (UDPROT or UFPROT) for employees in the job
titles listed above must end effective March 17, 2016; and the new deduction
code (UDPRO3 or UFPRO3) must be set up effective March 18, 2016. To accomplish
this, follow these steps: To end the current deduction, enter effective date =
to pay period begin date (3/18/2016) and end date equal to the same (3/18/2016).
To add the new deduction, enter effective date = to pay period begin date
(3/18/2016) and deduction calculation routine = to 'Default to Deduction Table'.
Do not enter an amount, the deduction amount is already defined on another
- For employees in all other job titles, the dues and fees deduction will not
be changed at this time.
II. PAYROLL PROCEDURES
- Core-CT will not make the necessary changes. It is the agency's
responsibility to update employees for the check date referenced above.
- Please direct all questions or requests for assistance regarding payroll
procedures to the Comptroller's Payroll Services Division at (860) 702-3447.
Return to Index of 2016 Comptroller's Memoranda
Return to Comptroller's Home Page