STATE OF CONNECTICUT
THE STATE COMPTROLLER
55 ELM STREET
HARTFORD, CONNECTICUT 06106-1775
June 8, 2009
TO THE HEADS OF ALL STATE AGENCIES
||Chief Administrative and Fiscal Officers, Business Managers, and
Payroll and Personnel Officers
||Core-CT Security Impacts of the Retirement Incentive
- The purpose of this memo is to advise all state agencies that with the
Retirement Incentive Program (RIP) it is anticipated there will be a
significant number of changes statewide that will have an impact on Core-CT
Security and agencies are encouraged to submit their requests to the Core-CT
Security team as soon as possible.
II. FINANCIAL OPERATIONS
- Agency business offices should evaluate the impact of the Retirement
Incentive Program on their daily operations. Items to review include: the
workflow of purchasing and payables, origins and all roles associated with
reporting. New Core-CT job aids for establishing workflow are available. See
the Core-CT FIN Daily Mail dated June 5, 2009.
- If you must make changes for a final approver role remember to complete
the Claims Authorization Form (CO-512) and submit it to the Comptroller's,
Accounts Payable Division. The CO-512 requires current agency head approval.
Refer to the Fiscal Year End instructions for additional details located at:
III. HRMS OPERATIONS
- Agency HRMS offices should evaluate the impact that the Retirement
Incentive Program may have on their daily operations. A review should
include the workflow of the approver role. The agency security liaison
should be notified of the names of employees retiring in a timely manner to
allow the removal of employee Core-CT access.
- Users leaving state service under the RIP must have their Core-CT access
removed. To assist Security Liaisons in the process of deleting multiple
Core-CT User IDs for retirees as a result of the RIP, a spreadsheet has been
created that can be substituted for the regular CO-1092 form.
- The form may be found at
This form may be used instead of the regular CO-1092 if more than one person
V. APPLICATION SECURITY REQUEST FORM (CO-1092)
- Requests for additional roles for existing users should continue to be
submitted on a separate CO-1092's. Reference the Core-CT Security Liaison
Guide when assigning new roles.
- All original Core-CT Application Security Request Forms (CO-1092) must
be retained by the agencies for two (2) years from the date of employee
separation from state service.
- Questions may be directed to the State Comptroller's Office as follows:
- Memorandum Interpretation
Fiscal Policy Division, (860) 702-3440
- Central Review (Segregation of Duties)
Accounts Payable Division, (860) 702-3391
- Claims Authorization Form (CO-512)
Accounts Payable Division, (860) 702-3374
- Security Guidelines and Procedures
- Agency's Security Liaison
Return to Index of 2009 Comptroller's Memoranda
Return to Index of Comptroller's Memoranda
Return to Comptroller's Home Page