STATE OF CONNECTICUT
THE STATE COMPTROLLER
55 ELM STREET
HARTFORD, CONNECTICUT 06106-1775
MEMORANDUM NO. 2009-16
May 26, 2009
TO THE HEADS OF ALL STATE
|| Chief Administrative and Fiscal Officers,
Business Managers, and Payroll and Personnel Officers
||Maintenance and Service Collective
Bargaining Unit (NP-2) Contract Extension and Changes For Retired and
Separated Bargaining Unit Employees
- This memo addresses the economic provisions and language changes
contained in the concession agreement. Refer to
Comptroller Memorandum 2009-14 for other contract provisions.
II. ELIGIBLE EMPLOYEES
- Maintenance and Service bargaining unit (NP-2) employees who were
actively employed on July 1, 2008 but have since retired or separated from
III. INSTRUCTIONS TO ACTIVATE RETIRED OR SEPARATED EMPLOYEES
- Core-CT has created a job aid titled "Check List for Retroactive
Payments to Terminated Employees" which is posted on the Core-CT website.
Refer to this job aid for assistance in activating terminated and retired
employees for purpose of making retroactive payments.
IV. RETROACTIVE PAYMENTS FOR RETIRED AND SEPARATED EMPLOYEES
- When calculating the retroactive payments, calculate to the date of
retirement or separation from state service. For the period July 1, 2008
through date of separation, agency staff must calculate and process the
retroactive payments manually. The retroactive payments should reflect the
additional compensation due as a result of the manual calculation of the
retroactive difference due on the biweekly and overtime payments made to
impacted former employees during the aforementioned dates and lump sums as
V. RETROACTIVE GENERAL WAGE INCREASE
- General Wage Increase of 3% effective July 4, 2008.
|| Period Covered
|| Check Date
|July 4, 2008
|| 07/04/08 - date of separation
VI. RETIREMENT PROCEDURES
- The additional retroactive compensation must be reported to the
Retirement Services Division in the manner described below as such
additional payments may have an impact for retirement benefit purposes.
- Each agency must provide the Retirement Services Division Audit Unit
with a list of affected retirees by name, employee number and retirement
date accompanied by the worksheet detailing the calculations utilized for
these adjustment payments. Worksheets for separated employees must also be
provided with a clear notation on each worksheet indicating such status.
VII. PAYROLL PROCEDURES
- Retroactive Payments for General Wage Increase:
On the Additional Pay Page: Amount or Hours; Earnings Code RTR.
- Questions may be directed as follows:
- Contract Issues: Agency Personnel Officers;
- Payroll Procedures: Office of the State Comptroller, Payroll
- Memorandum Interpretation: Office of the State Comptroller,
Fiscal Policy Division, (860) 702-3440.
- Direct the list of retirees and separated employees with a copy of the
calculation worksheet to:
Office of the State Comptroller
Retirement Services Division, Audit Unit
55 Elm Street, Hartford, CT 06106
Return to Index of 2009 Comptroller's Memoranda
Return to Index of Comptroller's Memoranda
Return to Comptroller's Home Page