STATE OF CONNECTICUT
THE STATE COMPTROLLER
55 ELM STREET
HARTFORD, CONNECTICUT 06106-1775
MEMORANDUM NO. 2008-23
July 9, 2008
TO THE HEADS OF ALL STATE AGENCIES
||Chief Administrative and Fiscal
Officers, Business Managers, and Payroll and Personnel Officers
||Pay Increases for Executive Branch
Employees Excluded from Collective Bargaining - Cost of Living
- In accordance with Connecticut General Statutes 4-40, 5-200(p) and 5-208(a),
the Commissioner of the Department of Administrative Services (DAS) with the
approval of the Secretary of the Office of Policy and Management and the
Governor has authorized pay increases for Executive Branch executive, managerial
and confidential employees excluded from collective bargaining.
II. INCREASE IN COMPENSATION FOR EXECUTIVE BRANCH EMPLOYEES
EXCLUDED FROM COLLECTIVE BARGAINING
- Effective June 20, 2008 there will be a three percent (3%) general wage
increase for executives, managers and confidential employees excluded from
- This includes executives assigned to the EX pay plan, management employees
assigned to the MD pay plan, management employees assigned to the MP pay plan in
labor units 01, 02 or 03 (including those appointed by the Governor or Agency
Head and confidential employees assigned to the MP pay plan), employees assigned
to the VR pay plan in labor units 01, 02 or 03 (including Durational Project
Managers, Transitional Managers, Leadership Associates, Associate Attorneys
General, Executive Assistants, Executive Secretaries, Executive Office
Administrative Aides, and Pre-Professional Trainees in confidential positions).
- Employees assigned to the CA, CR, or CS pay plans and State's Attorneys,
managers and confidential employees at the Division of Criminal Justice will
also receive the three percent (3%) increase.
- Lastly, the item authorizes a three percent (3%) increase in the rates paid
to the Chief Human Rights Referee and Human Rights Referee job classes.
- This increase does not apply to unclassified employees of any of the boards
of trustees of the constituent units of higher education.
III. LONGEVITY SCHEDULES
- The longevity schedules for the EX, MP and MD pay plans have been increased
by three percent (3%) in accordance with these pay increases.
IV. PAYROLL PROCEDURES
- DAS has issued instructions for how to calculate the pay rate changes. Please
refer to the spreadsheets that accompanied DAS Memo 08-02 dated July 3, 2008 and
Item No. 1391-E.
- Agencies must include a retroactive payment for the pay period beginning June
20, 2008 if these transactions are not entered into Core-CT by close of business
July 8, 2008. Note: Agencies need not calculate the retroactive payment manually
if the aforementioned spreadsheets are used as the last column on the
spreadsheets provides a formula to calculate the retroactive payment.
- Amount; Time Reporting Code XRTRA or Earnings Code RTR.
- Questions may be directed to:
- Department of Administrative Services: HR Business Rules
and Central Audit Unit, (860) 713-5176 or (860) 713-5187;
- Office of the State Comptroller:
- Payroll Procedures: Payroll Services Division, (860)
- Memorandum Interpretation: Fiscal Policy Division, (860)
Return to Index of 2008 Comptroller's Memoranda
Return to Index of Comptroller's Memoranda
Return to Comptroller's Home Page