STATE OF CONNECTICUT
THE STATE COMPTROLLER
55 ELM STREET
HARTFORD, CONNECTICUT 06106-1775
MEMORANDUM NO. 2006-02
January 20, 2006
TO THE HEADS OF ALL STATE AGENCIES
|| Chief Administrative and Fiscal Officer, Business Manager, and
Payroll and Personnel Officers
|| Reduction in GSA Mileage Reimbursement Rate
I. GSA Mileage Rate Reduced to 44.5 Cents Per Mile
II. IMPACT ON STATE MILEAGE REIMBURSEMENT RATES
- According to the Federal Register dated January 6, 2006, the General
Services Administration (GSA) of the Federal Government is reducing the
reimbursement rate from 48.5 cents to 44.5 cents per mile for use of
privately owned automobiles when authorized as advantageous to the
The GSA rate is used as the mileage reimbursement rate for many State of
Connecticut collective bargaining units. The "mileage reimbursement
rate" under many State collective bargaining unit agreements is subject
to adjustment within 30 days of revision to the Federal GSA rate.
- In accordance with General Notice 2006-01 from the Office of Labor
Relations, the mileage reimbursement rate reduction is effective for travel
on or after January 31, 2006 for employees using personally owned vehicles
for official State business.
The decreased rate applies to non-represented employees and the following
collective bargaining units: NP-2, NP-3, NP-4, NP-5, NP-6, NP-7, NP-8, P-1,
P-2, P-3A, P-3B, P-4 and P-5.
- The above provisions also apply to Managerial and Confidential employees
and all other executive branch employees who are exempt from the classified
service or not included in any prevailing bargaining unit contract, except
unclassified of any board of trustees of the constituent units of higher
Managerial employees governed by the Boards of Higher Education are
notified by their respective boards.
- Please direct questions or requests for assistance as follows:
- Payroll Procedures: Payroll Services Division (860) 702-3463.
- Personnel Issues: Agency Personnel Officer
- Memorandum Interpretation: Fiscal Policy Division, (860) 702-3440.
Return to Index of 2006 Comptroller's Memoranda
Return to Index of Comptroller's Memoranda
Return to Comptroller's Home Page