STATE OF CONNECTICUT
THE STATE COMPTROLLER
55 ELM STREET
HARTFORD, CONNECTICUT 06106-1775
MEMORANDUM NO. 2003-02
January 24, 2003
TO THE HEADS OF ALL STATE AGENCIES
||Chief Administrative and Fiscal Officers, Business
Managers, and Payroll and Personnel Officers
||Adjustment in the Maximum Dues/Fees Deduction, District
1199, New England Health Care Employees Union, P-1 and NP-6 Units
To provide payroll instructions for a change to the dues/fees schedule for
the P-1 and NP-6 bargaining units.
In accordance with the request of the New England Health Care Employees
Union, the dues/fees deduction for workers belonging to that union will
increase effective with the pay period January 10, 2003 through January 23,
2003 (check date February 7, 2003).
DUES/FEES ADJUSTED SCHEDULE
Dues and Fees as Follows:
- Add $5.00 per pay period to the dues and/or fees paid by an
employee scheduled to work 20 or more hours per week;
- Add $3.00 per pay period to the dues and/or fees paid by an
employee scheduled to work less than 20 hours per week;
- Increase the maximum, bi-weekly dues payment to $25.77.
- Refer to Comptroller Memorandum 2002-46 for the current dues and fees
The agency payroll staff must review the Employee Masterfile (Salary Field)
to determine if the dues/fees deductions must be changed.
- Dues will be based on the hours paid in the week used for calculating
dues. The method for calculating dues remains the same. The hourly rate for
calculating dues will be based on the employee's compensation plan excluding premiums such as shift
differential and weekend differential overtime.
- To change an employee's deduction, enter an RK transaction on screens
170-187 as follows; D/OE (76 union dues, 77 union fees); amount. RJE
agencies create an RK transaction the same as above.
- Please direct all questions or requests for assistance regarding payroll
procedures to the Comptroller's Payroll Services Division at (860)
Return to Index of 2003 Comptroller's Memoranda
Return to Index of Comptroller's Memoranda
Return to Comptroller's Home Page