STATE OF CONNECTICUT
THE STATE COMPTROLLER
55 ELM STREET
HARTFORD, CONNECTICUT 06106-1775
May 1, 2001
FISCAL YEAR-END INSTRUCTIONS 2001-5
|| All State Agencies
|| Chief Fiscal Officer or Business Manager
|| Transfer Lists/Corrections to FY 2000-2001
- 1. Inter-agency claims that are settled by Transfer Invoice (CO-608)
should be given special attention to assure the recording of all expenditure
items in the proper fiscal year. It is imperative that debtor and creditor
agencies cooperate to ensure that the deadline for transfer list submission
is met so that expenditures and revenues may be recorded in the desired
fiscal year. Your attention is invited to the State Accounting Manual -
- Agencies must ensure that commitments are established against the old year
appropriations to cover all transfer invoices to be processed as old year.
- Transfer lists received after the deadline, or any transfer expenditure
which cannot be processed against the old year because of a lack of
commitment, will be charged in July as a new year (2002)
- Transfer lists will be accepted for processing as "Old Year"
through and including Friday, June 15.
- Transfer lists should be submitted to Accounting Services, 55 Elm
Street, Room 601, 6th floor, Hartford.
- SAAAS paperless agencies may transmit EC and ET type documents through
June 28, 2001. CAS II On Line Agencies may enter CO-604s, either EC or ET
type, through June 27, 2001. Such documents must be delivered to Accounting
Services no later than June 28, 2001.
- 2. Corrections to Fiscal Year 2001 (Old Year)
- Appropriation Ledgers
Agency Revenue Reports
Detail Analysis of Expenditures
Your agency will be sent the above reports which reflect
the final balances as of June 30 on Accounting Services' records.
Agencies should immediately reconcile these balances to
their own records and advise Accounting Services of any corrections on an
Agency Correction or Adjustment Report, CO-604, by the close of business
(4:00) on TUESDAY, July 24, 2001. Paperless agencies may enter
corrections through THURSDAY, July 26, 2001.
- PLEASE NOTE:
- The Effective Date for prior year items is 06-35-2001.
- "PRIOR YEAR" should be printed in the Explanation Block.
- EXPLANATIONS MUST BE PROVIDED, no blanket transfers can be accepted.
Reference must be made to specific items or documents being corrected.
Return to Index of 2001 Comptroller's Fiscal
Year End Instructions
Return to Index of Comptroller's Memoranda
Return to Comptroller's Home Page