Subcommittee on Legal and Personnel Matters
Meeting of November 12, 2014, 8:30 AM
OSC, 55 Elm Street, Hartford, CT
Peter R. Blum
Robert Coffey - via phone
Attorney Michael Rose - Commission Counsel
At 8:37 a.m. the meeting was called to order.
Agenda items for discussion:
1. Attorney Rose reported that Ms. Brown's FOIA compliance is completed.
2. Attorney Rose reported that Mr. Maturo's FOIA compliance is nearly complete.
3. Attorney Rose reported that Ms. Fieldhouse's attorney has corrected his request for a declaratory ruling. SERC must respond to this request within sixty (60) days.
4. Chairman Blum updated the Subcommittee members on the status of the LaChance case. There was discussion on best practice and recommendations for preventing similar fraud in the future. Remedial measures are to be brought to the Comptroller.
5. Chairman Blum requested that Attorney Rose respond to Mr. Carter's attorney, to advise him on proper procedure for interacting with SERC.
At 9:09 a.m. Mr. Carey moved, seconded by Mr. Casella to go into Executive Session and invite Attorney Rose to be present to address the items below. All voted in favor.
1. Sampieri v. State Employees Retirement Commission (Appeal)
2. Etim v. MEB
3. Brown v. SERC (Administrative Appeal)
4. Bouchard v. SERC (Class Action)
5. Maturo Petition for Declaratory Ruling
6. Counsel Opinions (CMERS)
i. East Haven
iv. Thompson Opinion
7. Template letter for those affected in CMERS
At 10:20 a.m. Mr. Carey moved to come out of Executive Session, seconded by Mr. Coffey. All voted in favor.
There were no motions taken as a result of Executive Session.
10:21 a.m. Mr. Casella moved to adjourn, seconded by Mr. Coffey. All voted in favor.
Robert D. Coffey
Return to Meetings, Agendas and Minutes Home Page
Return to Comptroller's Home Page