Subcommittee on Legal and Personnel Matters
Meeting of December 10, 2014, 8:30 AM
OSC, 55 Elm Street, Hartford, CT
Peter R. Blum, Chairman
Michael Rose, Counsel to the Commission
The meeting was called to order at 8:40 a.m.
Mr. Casella moved to go into Executive Session to discuss the Pending claims and Pending litigation on the agenda for the meeting and to invite Michael Rose, Counsel to the Commission to attend and participate in the discussion. Mr. Carey seconded the motion and it was approved unanimously.
Following the discussion of the agenda items at 10:20 a.m. Mr. Carey moved, seconded by Mr. Casella to come out of Executive Session. The motion was approved unanimously.
In Public Session, Mr. Coffey moved that the Subcommittee take the following actions concerning the Pending claims and Pending litigation listed on the agenda.
1. Maturo petition for Declaratory Ruling - the Subcommittee recommends that the Commission approve the draft Declaratory Ruling prepared by Commission Counsel with revisions.
2. Commission Counsel Opinions (CMERS)
i. East Haven - the Subcommittee recommends that the Commission approve the draft opinion prepared by Commission Counsel.
ii. Mansfield - the Subcommittee recommends that the Commission approve the draft opinion prepared by Commission Counsel.
iii. Montville - the Subcommittee directed Commission Counsel to advise the officials requesting the opinion that an opinion will not be forthcoming and suggest that they file a petition for a Declaratory Ruling on the issues raised in the request.
iv. Thompson - the Subcommittee recommended that this matter be placed on the Commission agenda for consideration.
3. Robinson and Cole Letter to the Auditors of Public Accounts - the Subcommittee recommends that the Commission approve the draft letter prepared by Robinson and Cole with revisions.
4. Template Letter - the Subcommittee recommends that the Commission approve the draft prepared by Commission Counsel with revisions.
5. Quintillano matter - No action
6. Sampieri matter -No action
7. Alston matter - Table until the next Subcommittee meeting in January.
8. Fieldhouse matter - the Subcommittee recommends approval.
Mr. Casella seconded the motion and it was approved unanimously.
The Subcommittee then took up the last agenda item, Personnel Matters, having a brief discussion of coverage by Commission Counsel at meetings of the Commission. No motion was made.
There being no further discussion, the Subcommittee adjourned at 10:28 a.m. Mr. Carey moved to adjourn and Mr. Coffey seconded. The motion was approved unanimously.
Robert D. Coffey
Return to Meetings, Agendas and Minutes Home Page
Return to Comptroller's Home Page