May 2, 1997
FISCAL YEAR-END INSTRUCTIONS NO 97-01
||All State Agencies
||Chief Fiscal Officer or Business Manager
- The fiscal year for all departments of State Government shall end the thirtieth day of June
- It is important that you study and closely follow all of the fiscal year-end instructions. If
you have any questions, please call the following:
- Robert Krueger, 702-3380
|| - Comptroller Requirements, Karen Hurst 702-3381
|| - Treasurer Requirements, Joseph Higgins 702-3110
| Accounts Payable
|| - Douglas Vallee, Director, Accounts Payable Division, Comptroller, 702-3424 and
for specific procedural questions, see memo 97-4 for telephone numbers.
|| - Gary Reardon, Director, Payroll Services Division, Comptroller, 702-3445
- The following additional year-end instructions are being issued. Call Accounting Services
(702-3374) if you do not receive all of them.
| 97-2 ||Receipts |
| 97-3 ||Appropriations |
| 97-4 ||Commitments and Vendor Payments |
| 97-5 ||Transfer Lists/Corrections for FY 96-97 |
| 97-6 ||Payrolls |
| 97-7 ||Statewide GAAP Closing/Single Audit Act |
- Please note that Memorandum 97-4 contains special instructions and cut-off dates for agencies
which are processing their commitments and vendor payments electronically through a
Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for Paperless Processing. These extended cut-off
dates are available only to MOU agencies.
- You are responsible for disseminating these instructions to those in your agency required to
implement the specific procedures. It is particularly important that all dates and deadlines be
observed. We anticipate allowing no exceptions to these instructions.
- Please note, sufficient staff must be available at each agency through June 30th to provide
coverage to resolve all accounting issues to insure that all transactions are processed this fiscal
Back to Comptroller's Home Page
Back to Index of Comptroller's Fiscal Year End Instructions