Healthcare Cost Containment Committee Meeting Minutes
Monday, November 5, 2012
I. Call to Order
- The meeting was called to order by Dr. Thomas Woodruff.
II. New Business
- 1. Dashboard: Bill Thompson of Milliman presented a high-level
review of costs, claims, expenses, trend analyses, and key service category
metrics. The numbers of primary care and specialist visits are becoming
closer aligned. Emergency room utilization drill down reporting continues
to be a work in progress. A closer examination of the credentialing of
urgent care centers versus emergency rooms is needed. Overall, financial
projections continue to be in line with budgetary expectations for FY 2013.
2. Financial Analysis: Rae-Ellen Roy presented the budget review
as of October 15, 2012. Assuming there are no service changes and we
are allotted 100% of the appropriated funds, we are on track to end the year
3. HEP Update: Rae-Ellen Roy announced that employees with a
non-compliant status are now paying the additional premium deduction and are
subject to the annual deductible(s). The Healthcare Analysis Unit has
processed several Reinstatement Applications and updated employee records
4. RFI Update: Given the Request for Proposal process is currently
underway, no update was provided.
III. Old Business
- 1.Vision Exam Co-Payments: All vision examination claims scheduled for
re-processing have been completed. Members can seek reimbursement for
their $15 co-pay from their provider.
IV. Vox Populi
Back to Healthcare Cost Containment
Committee Meetings and Agenda Index
Back to Comptroller's Home Page