Healthcare Cost Containment Committee Meeting Minutes
Meeting called to order by Tom Woodruff
- 1) OPEB Report - Tom confirmed $13.3 billion reduction OPEB liability.
$6.2 is attributed to medical cost trends and initial funding of trust;
$4.94 billion attributed to changes in plan design (HEP) and funding
methodology; $2.12 billion for future funding of trust.
2) Financial Reports - Rae-Ellen provided the budget report; noted that that
hold-back was released from OPM. Milliman discussed experience report.
3) Claims - Committee discussed claim lag and looking at more detailed
reports on the impact of HEP requirements such as colonoscopy. Request to
look at ER trends was also discussed.
4) Open Enrollment - OSC Staff confirmed that all 40 active and 6 retiree
open enrollment fairs were attended by OSC staff to answer questions and
assist members in reporting scheduled appointments in the online reporting
tool. Feedback from employees was positive.
5) HEP Compliance - Update on communication efforts was provided. Update on
number of manual forms in-house to be entered in the tool as well as volume
of reporting tool logins and phone calls was reported. Committee discussed
cycle for next claim review.
6) HCCCC HEP Appeals Workgroup - Committee discussed setting up workgroup to
review HEP appeals.
CCMC/Anthem contract - Tom reported that parties are close to finalizing a deal.
Discussed future hospital contracts coming up for contract negotiations with
Anthem and Oxford: Hartford, Midstate, Windham, Hospital for Special Care.
Partnership Plan update was provided by OSC staff. Voluntown and Union are
joining the plan effective 7/1.
Back to Healthcare Cost Containment
Committee Meetings and Agenda Index
Back to Comptroller's Home Page