Healthcare Cost Containment Committee Meeting Minutes
Monday, December 3, 2012
I. Call to Order
- The meeting was called to order by Dr. Thomas Woodruff.
II. New Business
- 1. Dashboard: Dave Williams of Milliman presented a high-level
review of costs, claims, expenses, trend analyses, and key service category
metrics. According to Dave, the overall trend is running close to
2. Financial Analysis: Rae-Ellen Roy presented the budget review
as of November 15, 2012. Not withstanding the Governorís anticipated
holdback, projections through the end of the fiscal year are positive.
3. HEP Update: Dr. Woodruff reviewed that employees with a
non-compliant status began paying the additional premium deduction as of the
first October 2012 payroll, and are subject to the annual deductible(s).
The Healthcare Analysis Unit has processed several Reinstatement Applications
and continues to update employee records accordingly.
III. Old Business
- 1. RFP Update: Dr. Woodruff advised that a contract
award is anticipated very soon, and announcement will be made as appropriate.
One of the program goals is to manage the Health Enhancement Program on an
ongoing, interactive basis.
2. Emergency Room Co-Payment Waiver Requests: Both medical
carriers have been processing these forms. Once the claim has been
reprocessed and a new EOB is issued, members may need to seek reimbursement
directly from the hospital.
3. Partnership Plan: Two informational sessions were
conducted recently in Trumbull and Cromwell. Feedback from attendees was
favorable. Issue of opening the Plan to non-profit organizations was
brought up and will be discussed further.
4. HEP Chronic Bonus Payment: On-going discussions are taking
place to determine funding and timing of the payment. Eligible employees
have been identified.
5. UnitedHealthcare Dental: HEP enrolled, active employee
members of the Enhanced dental plan should expect to receive a letter in the
coming weeks reminding them to stay in-network for maximum benefit coverage.
IV. Vox Populi
Back to Healthcare Cost Containment
Committee Meetings and Agenda Index
Back to Comptroller's Home Page