Healthcare Cost Containment Committee Meeting Minutes
Monday, August 6, 2012
I. Call to Order
- The meeting was called to order by Dr. Thomas Woodruff.
II. New Business
- 1.Dashboard: Dave Williams of Milliman presented a high-level
review of costs, claims, expenses, trend analyses, key service category metrics
(both pre-and post-Health Enhancement Program), and emergency room utilization.
Carriers will be asked to review ER utilization and to conduct outreach to
members who may be accessing emergency care inappropriately. Overall,
financials are similar to last month’s report and in line with budgetary
expectations for FY 2013.
2. Financial Analysis: Rae-Ellen Roy presented the budget review as
of July 15, 2012, and echoed Dave’s message that the zero rate increase for
premiums appears successful and we are on track to end the year positively.
3. Partnership Plan: Dr. Woodruff reviewed current and potential
for enrolling municipal groups with coverage start dates this fall. Josh
Wojcik described ongoing and future planned community outreach efforts to
promote the Partnership Plan with municipalities, boards of education,
associations and brokers.
4. Compliance Update: Olivia Roman provided an update on the recent
Health Enhancement Program mail effort and results thus far.
5. Dependent Audit: Peggy Haering shared preliminary results of
efforts to verify dependent eligibility and advised that staff will be
undertaking an analysis of publicly available information to ensure that members
are only enrolling eligible individuals in the plan. Those results will be
shared at a future meeting.
6. Reimbursement and Vision Co-pay Update: Linda Yelmini announced that an
agreement between management and labor has been reached. Once the
agreement is fully executed, updates and applicable instructions will be
communicated to members and the health carriers.
III. Old Business
- 1. HEP Chronic Bonus Payment: Discussion surrounded how best to analyze
bonus payment eligibility, specifically HEP participants with Hyperlipidemia and
Hypertension. Payments are targeted for distribution with the September
20, 2012 paycheck.
2. Hartford Hospital: Tom shared that he has reached out to hospital
stakeholders in an effort to mitigate potential impacts to State of CT employees
and retirees while negotiations are underway with United Healthcare. Both
have agreed to continue payment at in-network rates in the interim.
IV. Vox Populi
Back to Healthcare Cost Containment
Committee Meetings and Agenda Index
Back to Comptroller's Home Page