||STATE OF CONNECTICUT
THE STATE COMPTROLLER
55 ELM STREET
MEMORANDUM NO. 2012-11
May 3, 2012
TO THE HEADS OF ALL STATE AGENCIES
||Chief Administrative and Fiscal Officers,
Business Managers, Payroll and Human Resources Officers
||Increase in GSA Mileage Reimbursement Rate
I. GSA MILEAGE RATE INCREASED TO 55.5 CENTS PER MILE
- According to FTR Bulletin 12-06 announced in the Federal Register dated
April 17, 2012, the General Services Administration (GSA) of the Federal
Government is increasing the reimbursement rate from 51 cents to 55.5 cents
per mile for use of privately owned automobiles when authorized as
advantageous to the Government.
II. IMPACT ON STATE MILEAGE REIMBURSEMENT RATES
- The GSA rate is used as the mileage reimbursement rate for many State of
Connecticut collective bargaining units. The "mileage reimbursement rate"
under many State collective bargaining unit agreements is subject to
adjustment within 30 days of revision to the Federal GSA rate.
- In accordance with General Notice 2012-02 from the Office of Labor
Relations, the mileage reimbursement rate increase is effective for travel
on or after May 15, 2012 for employees using personally owned vehicles for
official State business.
- The increased rate applies to non-represented employees and the
following collective bargaining units: NP-2, NP-3, NP-4, NP-5, NP-6, NP-8,
P-1, P-2, P-3A, P-3B, P-4 and
- The above provisions also apply to Managerial and Confidential employees
and all other executive branch employees who are exempt from the classified
service or not included in any prevailing bargaining unit contract, except
unclassified of any board of trustees of the constituent units of higher
- Managerial employees governed by the Boards of Higher Education are
notified by their respective boards.
- Please direct questions or requests for assistance as follows:
- Payroll Procedures: Payroll Services Division 860-702-3447;
- Personnel Issues: Agency Human Resources Officer;
- Memorandum Interpretation: Fiscal Policy Statewide Services,
Return to Index of 2012 Comptroller's Memoranda
Return to Index of Comptroller's Memoranda
Return to Comptroller's Home Page