||STATE OF CONNECTICUT
THE STATE COMPTROLLER
55 ELM STREET
MEMORANDUM NO. 2011-01
January 26, 2011
TO THE HEADS OF ALL STATE AGENCIES
||Chief Administrative and Fiscal Officers, Business Managers,
Payroll and Human Resources Officers
||Increase in GSA Mileage Reimbursement Rate
I. GSA Mileage Rate Increased to 51 Cents Per Mile
- According to FTR Bulletin 11-03 announced in the Federal Register dated
December 29, 2010, the General Services Administration (GSA) of the Federal
Government is increasing the reimbursement rate from 50 cents to 51 cents per
mile for use of privately owned automobiles when authorized as advantageous to
II. IMPACT ON STATE MILEAGE REIMBURSEMENT RATES
- The GSA rate is used as the mileage reimbursement rate for many State of
Connecticut collective bargaining units. The "mileage reimbursement rate" under
many State collective bargaining unit agreements is subject to adjustment within
30 days of revision to the Federal GSA rate.
- In accordance with General Notice 2011-02 from the Office of Labor Relations
(which will be forthcoming), the mileage reimbursement rate increase is
effective for travel on or after January 28, 2011 for employees using personally
owned vehicles for official State business.
- The increased rate applies to non-represented employees and the following
collective bargaining units: NP-2, NP-3, NP-4, NP-5, NP-6, NP-8, P-1, P-2, P-3A,
P-3B, P-4 and
- The above provisions also apply to Managerial and Confidential employees and
all other executive branch employees who are exempt from the classified service
or not included in any prevailing bargaining unit contract, except unclassified
of any board of trustees of the constituent units of higher education.
- Managerial employees governed by the Boards of Higher Education are notified
by their respective boards.
- Please direct questions or requests for assistance as follows:
- Payroll Procedures: Payroll Services Division 860-702-3447;
- Personnel Issues: Agency Personnel Officer;
- Memorandum Interpretation: Fiscal Policy Division, 860-702-3440.
Return to Index of 2011 Comptroller's Memoranda
Return to Index of Comptroller's Memoranda
Return to Comptroller's Home Page