STATE OF CONNECTICUT
THE STATE COMPTROLLER
55 ELM STREET
HARTFORD, CONNECTICUT 06106-1775
FISCAL YEAR 2009 YEAR-END INSTRUCTIONS - Update
May 26, 2009
TO THE HEADS OF ALL STATE AGENCIES
||Chief Administrative and Fiscal Officers, Business Managers, and
Payroll and Personnel Officers
||Changes to FISCAL YEAR 2009 YEAR-END INSTRUCTIONS
dated April 1, 2009
- The purpose of this memorandum is to change the dates referenced in the
Fiscal Year 2009 Year-End Instructions, issued on April 1, 2009. The dates of
certain Fiscal Year-End activities are being changed due to the recent passage
and announcement of furlough days on May 22, 2009 and July 6, 2009.
- The activities scheduled to occur on July 6, 2009 are being moved to July 7,
2009, which in turn postpones the activities scheduled for the seventh of July
to July 8, 2009.
- PO Roll Process
- It is anticipated that the PO Roll process will be completed before Tuesday,
July 7, 2009, but in the event that it is not, a daily mail will be issued that
- New Year Purchasing Transactions
- User access to the Purchasing and Requisition Modules will be re-established
on Tuesday, July 7, 2009.
IV. ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
- All references to Friday, June 26, 2009 can be changed to Monday, June 29,
The absolute last pay cycle to issue payments to vendors will be run on
Monday, June 29, 2009. DO NOT wait until that day to enter your vouchers
for payment. The STATE pay cycle will be run on Monday, June 29, 2009 without
delay. There are no postponements for processing vouchers on this day. There
are also no postponements to reviewing and identifying vouchers for closure by
OSC; this must still be completed by the close of business on June 29, 2009.
- The AP module will close at 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 30, 2009. All
maintenance roles in AP will be removed at that time.
V. GL Journal Corrections
- There is no postponement of the deadline for Online Journal Entries or
Spreadsheet Journals. All corrections for Fiscal Year 2009 must be submitted and
rendered valid by Friday, July 10, 2009.
- The last STATE pay cycle will be run on Monday, June 29, 2009,
immediately following the 9:00 A.M. budget check and posting of vouchers.
- All Year-End activities scheduled for Monday, July 6, 2009 are moved to
Tuesday, July 7, 2009.
- Activities originally scheduled for Tuesday, July 7, 2009 are moved to
Wednesday, July 8, 2009.
- No other dates and deadlines set in the original 2009 Year-End
Instructions are changed.
- Please direct any questions regarding this memorandum to the appropriate
contacts as listed in the Fiscal Year 2009 Year-End Instructions published on
April 1, 2009.
Return to Index of 2009 Comptroller's Fiscal
Year End Instructions
Return to Index of Comptroller's Memoranda
Return to Comptroller's Home Page