STATE OF CONNECTICUT
THE STATE COMPTROLLER
55 ELM STREET
HARTFORD, CONNECTICUT 06106-1775
MEMORANDUM NO. 2007-05
February 13, 2007
TO THE HEADS OF ALL STATE AGENCIES
||Chief Administrative and Fiscal Officers, Business Managers, Payroll
and Personnel Officers
||Increase in GSA Mileage Reimbursement Rate
I. GSA Mileage Rate Increased to 48.5 Cents Per Mile
- According to the Federal Register dated January 30, 2007, the General
Services Administration (GSA) of the Federal Government is increasing the
reimbursement rate from 44.5 cents to 48.5 cents per mile for use of
privately owned automobiles when authorized as advantageous to the
II. IMPACT ON STATE MILEAGE REIMBURSEMENT RATES
- The GSA rate is used as the mileage reimbursement rate for many State of
Connecticut collective bargaining units. The "mileage reimbursement rate"
under many State collective bargaining unit agreements is subject to
adjustment within 30 days of revision to the Federal GSA rate.
- In accordance with General Notice 2007-03 from the Office of Labor
Relations (which will be forthcoming), the mileage reimbursement rate
increase is effective for travel on or after March 1, 2007 for employees
using personally owned vehicles for official State business.
- The increased rate applies to non-represented employees and the
following collective bargaining units: NP-2, NP-3, NP-4, NP-5, NP-6, NP-7,
NP-8, P-1, P-2, P-3A, P-3B, P-4 and P-5.
- The above provisions also apply to Managerial and Confidential employees
and all other executive branch employees who are exempt from the classified
service or not included in any prevailing bargaining unit contract, except
unclassified of any board of trustees of the constituent units of higher
- Managerial employees governed by the Boards of Higher Education are
notified by their respective boards.
- Please direct questions or requests for assistance as follows:
- Payroll Procedures: Payroll Services Division (860) 702-3463.
- Personnel Issues: Agency Personnel Officer
- Memorandum Interpretation: Fiscal Policy Division, (860)
Return to Index of 2007 Comptroller's Memoranda
Return to Index of Comptroller's Memoranda
Return to Comptroller's Home Page