STATE OF CONNECTICUT
THE STATE COMPTROLLER
55 ELM STREET
HARTFORD, CONNECTICUT 06106-1775
May 1, 2003
FISCAL YEAR-END INSTRUCTIONS 2003-1
|To:||All State Agencies|
|Attention:||Chief Fiscal Officer or Business Manager|
1. The fiscal year for all departments of State Government shall end the thirtieth day of June (Sec. 4-35).
2. In July, Core-CT will begin processing all State transactions. It is important that you study and closely follow all of the fiscal year-end instructions. If you have any questions, please call the following:
|Accounting||- Doris Przygocki (860) 702-3384|
|Deposits||- Comptroller Requirements, Doris Przygocki (860) 702-3384|
|- Treasurer Requirements, Robert Gnocchi (860) 702-3108|
Accounts Payable -
||Mark Aronowitz, Director, Accounts Payable Division, Comptroller, (860) 702-3399 and for specific procedural questions, see instructions 2003-4 for telephone numbers.|
||- Gary Reardon, Director, Payroll Services Division, Comptroller, (860) 702-3445|
3. The following additional year-end instructions are being issued. Call Accounting Services (860) 702-3374 if you do not receive all of them.
4. Please note that Section I of Memorandum 2003-4 contains special instructions and cut-off dates for agencies which are processing their commitments and vendor payments electronically. These extended cut-off dates are available only to paperless processing agencies.
5. You are responsible for disseminating these instructions to those in your agency required to implement the specific procedures. It is particularly important that all dates and deadlines be observed. We anticipate allowing no exceptions to these instructions.
6. Please note, sufficient staff must be available at each agency through June 30th to provide coverage to resolve all accounting issues to ensure that all transactions are processed this fiscal year.
Return to Index of 2003 Comptroller's Fiscal
Year End Instructions
Return to Index of Comptroller's Memoranda
Return to Comptroller's Home Page