STATE OF CONNECTICUT
THE STATE COMPTROLLER
55 ELM STREET
HARTFORD, CONNECTICUT 06106-1775
Memorandum No. 2001-26
April 16, 2001
||E-Procurement Pilot Agencies
||E-Procurement Regulations and Memorandum Topics
I. INTRODUCTION TO E-PROCUREMENT:
Digital Commerce Corporation is the provider of Connecticut's e-procurement
service. This system, CTGovCenter, performs requisitioning, routing, approval
and SAAAS interfacing of orders for items on certain state contracts. In
addition, CTGovCenter electronically sends the approved orders to vendors. The
Users Manual is available on the Procurement Services web site. Go to http://www.das.state.ct.us/busopp.asp and choose the option for Revised
CTGovCenter Manual. Alternatively, contact Digital Commerce's customer service
II. BASIC REQUIREMENTS:
- All e-procurement purchase orders must be an original. Amendments are not
permitted, except when requested by the Comptroller's Accounts Payable
Division for correction purposes.
- Each e-procurement purchase order must be a new purchase order, a blanket
purchase order, or a direct purchase order.
- Non-SAAAS users may use e-procurement for only blanket purchase orders
already posted to the Central Accounting System (CAS), or for Direct Purchase
Orders (purchases under $1000.) (See section IV) Only SAAAS paperless processing
agencies are permitted to issue new e-procurement purchase orders for $1000 or
III. ACCOUNTING PROCEDURES - SAAAS USERS:
- All e-procurement purchase orders printed from SAAAS will state "This
purchase order was submitted to the vendor electronically through CTGovCenter.
DO NOT PROCESS."
- Send only copy marked "Comptroller" to the Comptroller's
Accounts Payable Division. Agencies must not issue a copy to the vendor or DAS.
- Agencies must print the SAAAS e-procurement purchase order, then memo
post. On the following day, verify that the e-procurement purchase order has
posted to the CAS.
- Attach the SAAAS screen print of the CAS posting to the Comptroller copy of
the e-procurement purchase order and forward to the Comptroller's Accounts
Payable Division. DO NOT SEND COMMITMENT BATCH HEADER (CO-96).
IV. ACCOUNTING PROCEDURES - NON-SAAAS USERS:
- In compliance with encumbrance procedures as promulgated per section 4-98 of
the Connecticut General Statutes, only paperless processing SAAAS users may
initiate new e-procurement purchase orders (those $1000 or more not previously
encumbered). However, non SAAAS users may utilize e-procurement for the
following two types of transactions:
1) Direct Purchase Orders (under $1000);
2) Blanket purchase orders previously posted to CAS;
- Do not forward purchase orders to the vendor or the Comptroller's office.
V. QUESTIONS: Questions concerning this memorandum may be directed as follows:
E-Procurement (CTGovCenter) Procurement Procedures:
DAS Procurement Services Division - (860) 713-5094
DOIT BOSS Group - (860) 622-2236
Accounts Payable Division - (860) 702-3395
Return to Index of 2001 Comptroller's Memoranda
Return to Index of Comptroller's Memoranda
Return to Comptroller's Home Page